Friday, July 15, 2011

Chapter 4.8 - The Rumor Mill

We decided to go with a modern look with lots of clean lines and a completely fresh look. There is a playground, big pool, 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, and there was even a brand new tree-house for Angelo when he grows up. We also had an entertainment area and our pool had a big "A" in the middle.



"Miss Abruzzi, Mr Shadow," Mr Rinlow said as he approached us, "and of course little Angelo."

"Hello Mr. Rinlow," Julian said.

"I hope my men have built your home to your liking."

"It's amazing, they did an amazing job, thank you very much!"

Julian wrote a check for Mr. Rinlow for the remaining balance on our bill and then he left. We stared at our new home for a long time before going inside. We walked through the entire house in complete awe and then we all decided it was time to get some much needed sleep.

The next morning I went to the library and the bookstore and while I was gone Julian taught Angelo how to talk, walk and use the potty.


They had a great time playing and spending time together and I must say our little Angelo looks more and more like Julian everyday.


When I got home I checked the mail and saw that Angelo had received a gift from his Aunt Beatrice in Milan. I opened it and saw the cutest yet strangest little stuffed animal I had ever seen (yet it looked more like an alien.) I went upstairs to Angelo and gave him his new stuffed animal and I sat down and played with him before having to help Julian find a suit to wear to Devon Ashton's party for his new play.


The next afternoon I was sitting with Angelo playing with him when the phone rang. I gave Angelo his toy from Aunt Beatrice and ran to get the phone. I couldn't believe what I was hearing and when I hung up the phone I danced around a little bit with Angelo in my arms.

"Bubby!" I said looking at Angelo, "You're going to be a big brother very soon!"

I let Angelo play some more while I ordered some chinese food from a place called Breakers and when Julian got home he looked so tired but he seemed to cheer up when he saw dinner.
 
"What's the occassion Mia?"

"We're having another baby Julian!" I said as I put dinner on the table.

I was going to drag it out a little bit but I was just to excited to keep it in any longer. Julian came over to me and gave me a huge hug and kiss.


"That's fantastic!" Julian said before grabbing something to drink to go with dinner.

I went upstairs to get Angelo and I had to hold my laughter in.

"Julian, come here!" I said from the stairway.

When Julian and I went back over to Angelo we both chuckled. Angelo was playing with the strange stuffed animal and he was now singing to it, which was very cute. Angelo seemed to be getting more and more attached to it everyday.


We finished dinner, cleaned up, and then I had to go upstairs and iron out Julians mixologist uniform. there was a Police Officer Ball at City Hall to honor the officers that lost their lives in the terror that had hit Bridgeport over 2 years ago and Julian was asked to come mix drinks for everyone. He had a very long night but he had fun meeting new people and he was paid §1,000 for it.

"Mia, wake up honey."

As I opened my eyes all I could see was petals, then my eyes sprung open.

"What's this for?" I asked as I got up and took the beautiful rose bouquet.

"Just because I love you."


After I put the flowers in a vase with water Julian came over to me and felt my tummy and talked to our baby. I think he thought they baby would say something back but it made me smile.


We were still putting the finishing touches on the nursery thinking we still had at least a little time left before our baby came but at 11:32 p.m. the next evening an all to familiar stabbing pain shot right through my abdomen.

"Julian," I screamed as I woke him up "Hospital...now...hurry!"

We were at the hospital and in the maternity ward in just over an hour and not too long after we welcomed not one, not two, but triplet baby girls! Julian looked a little sad that we didn't have another boy but that only lasted for a split second.

First was Gloria, then Haley, and lastly Tara


The girls were so beautiful and we were so happy to be taking them to a real home the next morning. Angelo was very excited to see the girls and he seemed to fall in love with them immediately. The girls all received one of those strange stuffed animals from their Godmother, which to my dismay had been Bianca (whom I still have not had any contact with.) Julian had to work that day but when he got home he did not seem happy at all.

"Mia, we have a huge problem!"

"What? What's going on?!"

"There is a rumor going around that we have had children out of wedlock. This is going to destroy our celebrity status, the status your Nonna worked so hard to put in place for your family!"

"That is a big problem!" I said as I sat there thinking for a minute "There's really only one way to get around this and we have been putting off due to the new house and kids."

"If it is ok with you to do this so suddenly then lets do it."

"We're finally getting married!" I exclaimed as I wrapped him in a hug "We'll do it this Saturday at..ummm..2 p.m.?"

"Perfect and we can have it here so we can show everyone our new house!"

No comments:

Post a Comment