Friday, July 15, 2011

Chapter 4.3 - Who Is That?!

All the bullying from her sister and cousin was really starting to depress Mia. Before school one day she began crying not fully understanding why they had to be so mean to her. She didn't know at the time what she needed to do to stop their actions.


It was a long and stressful day while the girls were at school. For most of the day Christian and I sat down with Stefan and had a very long talk with him. I was very upset during our talk but I hid it when I heard the girls coming inside.

"Girls, i'm sorry but I have something to tell all of you," Stefan started, "It is time for me, Julia, and Arianna to move into a house of our own."

"No!," Arianna yelled "Dad, it's not fair!"

"Why are you doing this dad?" Julia said.

"I'm very sorry girls but it is time."

"You girls can still come over whenever you want to," I said

After packing all of their stuff, hugs going all around, they got into the limo and drove away.


Everyone looked so upset and inside my heart was breaking. Ever since I kicked out my brother and sister, Stefan was always there to help me.

"Mom, is it ok if I go to the park," Mia asked me, "I promise I will be home before curfew."

"Sure honey, just be careful."

When Mia got to the park she sat down on a park bench by herself as she looked around at all the other people there, all happy couples.

"I wish I had that," She thought to herself "But no one would want to be with a smart girl as ugly as me."

A couple hours later she got up to go walk through downtown when she noticed a guy walk into the park by himself. She was so use to the mysterious vampires walking the streets but this guys was mysterious in a different way. He looked like he could be a vampire but his skin wasn't pale and his eyes weren't glowing.

"Hi"

Mia looked up again and noticed the guy was standing in front of her.

"Oh...umm..." She hadn't ever really talked to any guys before "Come on, pull yourself together Mia!"

"Hi," She finally said back

"Are you alright?"

"Huh, what?"

"You looked upset"

"No, I am fine, just realized that I should get home."


"You have curfew to huh?"

"Yes and I don't like it."

"Me either! What's your name?"

"Mia"

"I am Julian, Mia," he said "Here is my number. Give me a call sometime and we can hang out."

They said goodbye and Mia go home well before curfew. She looked so happy when she got home but like always she went straight upstairs and to her room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the next few weeks Mia talked to Julian almost everyday on the phone and hung out with him a few times. One day, after talking to Julian, Mia was reading a book for school when she came up with a fantastic idea! She knew exactly how to stop her sister and cousin from bullying her but she decided to wait until the coming weekend to make her idea real.


Christian and I decided to throw a party for the girls because of their accomplishments in school. Bianca became the head cheerleader, Caterina was cast as the lead in the upcoming school play, and Mia made it on the Deans List and Honor Roll. I told the girls to call whoever they wanted to invite to the party and they immediately got on their phones.


I made hamburgers and hot dogs for all the kids.


During the party I noticed that Mia was no where to be seen but when I went to look for her I was distracted by a familiar yet strange face walking through the front door.

"Hello," I said cautiously "Are you a friend of my girls?"

"Well, sorta," the girl said "I'm their cousin."


"Oh my..." I said in shock "Savannah?"

"Yes, it's me Aunt Elena."

I wrapped her in a hug and brought her outside. The girls were a little preoccupied but Savannah chatted with her sisters for awhile.


With that Christian and i went outside to leave the girls and their friends alone. Little did we know that the girls were in for a huge surprise!

Bianca and Caterina were having a great time with their friends and chatting with Savannah (who had been homeschooled since she was a child) when they heard the deck door shut rather loudly. When they turned around the froze in place, staring at the girl walking towards the stairs.


"Mia!?" Bianca exclaimed giving her sister a hug "What...Did....You look so different!"

"Different?" Caterina butted in also giving Mia a hug, "You look gorgeous!"


"Thank you," Mia said happily, "I partially did it because of your bullying Caterina but I mostly did it because of the person I am in love with."

With that Mia walked away and towards Julian.

"Wow Mia! Look at you!" Julian said, "You were beautiful before but now...wow!"


"Thanx!" Mia said chuckling a little bit.

Mia and Julian played a few games of Gnubb before the party ended.


After everyone left, Bianca and Caterina chatted with Mia and Caterina tried apologizing to Mia, which went over very well.


After smoothing things over between them Mia went upstairs, laid down, and got some well needed sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment