Friday, July 15, 2011

Chapter 1.2 - Finally Excepted!

  After I collected both of my checks and the deed to my new property I went to the bank and deposited both of the checks into my bank account. I was beyond excited because I now had $101,682 to put towards my new home and it was time to get to work on it. I called the same companies I used for the Cabin Point renovation. I didn't have a floorplan worked out yet but I just wanted to get the basics right now. Even though I hadn't worked out a floorplan yet on paper I knew that I wanted the first floor to be similar to one of the houses down the street. I saw a picture of the first floor entryway and open 2nd floor/open living room at 302 Silvertone Way and I fell in love with it immediately.


  Too cover my end so I wouldn't get sued or anything, I contacted the architect that designed the house and asked him if I could use that part of the design for my house. He told me that it was fine as long as he got to come see the house when it was completed, which was perfectly fine with me.

  After just a few days of work I let all of my hired workers take a break since I had all of the neccisary things I needed in the house. Everyone left and I decided that it was time to get a used car so I would not have to pay for a taxi anymore. When the taxi arrived I got in and told the driver to take me to the nearest used car lot. It didn't take too long to get there and I was a little overwhelmed with how many cars were there. A man dressed in a very tacky suit came over and asked if he could help me out at all. I told him what I was wanting for now and he told me he had the perfect car for me and we walked into the building to the showroom. As soon as we got to the showroom I saw the car that was in there and knew that that was the car I had to have. It was a pink and white retro ride.

  I went over the specs for the car, signed the paperwork, and drove away in my "Pink Cadillac." It only cost me $5,000 and in the past couple days I spent $57,393 for my house and car. I still had a lot of work to do but I figured it was time for a break and I needed to find a job. When I got home I looked through the classified ads and called a bunch of companies about jobs but was turned down from every single company because I didn't have any skills yet.


After getting off the phone I decided to go to the bookstore and buy some books that would help me gain some skills. I could not believe how much skill books cost at the bookstore but I bought all of the ones they had and I was left with $35, 539.


  After purchasing the books I drove straight home and began studying. I spent the next couple days improving a good amount of my skills and after I got tired of reading I decided to go out to one of the local bars and meet some locals.


  Before I could leave the house I got a phone call from a local inventor telling me about a convention at LlamaCo Stadium called The Great Invention Convention, so I decided to attend that first. The sights were amazing and the sounds were really loud, but I learned a lot about science the world over. I hope there is another convention soon because it was awesome! For attending the convention my inventing skills increased a bit and I got a blueprint for an invention,widjet. I was so pumped that I defiantly had to go out. I went to a place called Plasma 501. Unfortuantly the bouncer didn't want to let me in so while she was busy arguing with another customer I snuck inside and went upstairs and ordered a drink called Falling forever.


  The drink was fantastic and it put me in the mood for love, for some odd reason. I chatted with the bartender for a little while and then I noticed that a couple celebrities had walked in and I was star struck. I decided to greet them and was a little taken back because they were a little rude.


  Right when I was about to sit down for another drink the bouncer came to me and kicked me out for sneaking in.

"You have some nerve showing your face amongst these fine people," Nancy said "Now get out of here before we have a serious problem!"


  It was so embarrassing and I could feel everyone looking at me. I decided to wait for Nancy to come back out and bribe her with some money. The bribe didn't work and I just went back home and continued reading. My first bill came the next day and I was surprised that it was $384! Of course I paid it anyways. After studying some more i decided to go to a different bar, hopefully I will have better luck this time unlike a couple days ago.  I decided to visit The Prosper Room tonight, armed with an extra $100 in case I needed to bribe another bouncer. I asked the bouncer if I could get in, he said no so I offered him the $100 bribe. He took it but still didn't let me in!

"Hey! You take my money but still refuse to let me in!"

"No matter how much you try to give me, I'm not letting you in," He said "I'm not giving you back the cash either. Now move it!"


  Pissed off and on the verge of tears I decided to go back home. Maybe this place wasn't a good place to move too. It seems like they only like celebrities.

"Wait a minute!," I thought to myself. "That's what I need to do, I need to make friends with some of the celebrities and then maybe I will be respected a bit more around here."

  I went back to Plasma 501 since no one was at The Prosper Room and man am I glad I came here. Plasma 501 is jumping! When I got to the top floor I noticed one of the local celebrities, Kai Leiko, was walking out, so I decided to greet and impress him. After talking about money, music, and mixology I was finally accepted to socialize with him!


  I was finally becoming a celebrity, even though i was considered a Fame Leecher. There was something about Kai that I could not figure out though. He was a little to pale for his complexion and his eyes seemed to glow but I decided to leave it be, for now, and try to get into the bar. To my surprise Galen, the bouncer, let me in.

"Oh, don't let me stop you. Go straight in and have a good time."

"Thank you!"

I spent the evening chatting with Kai and then left to go back home since the bar was closing.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh Kai...hmmm glowing eyes? A pale complexion?...I'd cover your jugular if I was you lady...lol. Loving this story hun it's really well written and I love the characters.

    ReplyDelete