Friday, July 15, 2011

Chapter 3.7 - Betrayed Part 2

The next day was a long and frustrating day at work. Not only did I loose 2 patients in surgery but I was also yelled at by my boss for messing some paperwork up. To my displeasure this was just the beginning of a bad day.

As I was finishing up some work in my office someone knocked on the door.

"Come in," I said sounding extremely exhausted as I close my computer.

I looked up and saw a police officer walk into my office.


"Hello ma'am," I said standing up "Can I help you with something?"



"Mrs Abruzzi, I need to ask you a few questins" He said after shutting the door "When was the last time you saw your maid, Delicia Hoover?

"I saw her yesterday morning before I left for work. When I got home she was in the garage tossing some garbage away before getting in her car and driving away."

After almost 30 minutes of questioning and lots of tears later, the police officer took me off of their suspect list, apologized for the inconvenience and left. What can I say, I am a good actress!
Not 5 minutes after he left vasil called me with more bad news.

"Elena, I know these past few days have been tough on you but I have some more bad news and you might want to sit down."

"It's alright, tell me."

"Well, we got some more information about the guy helping Delicia. I hate to tell you this but it is in fact your husband, John. He has been working for the I.S.S. for a few years now and he was paid to get close to you and your family and then betray you by giving all of the info to the police and I.S.S."

"Thank you Vasil. I will take care of this as well and call you tomorrow."

After seeing  John talking to the police yesterday I feared this would be the result. I sat down in the kitchen and waited for John to come home in about 10 minutes. The longer I sat there the more upset I got and I was a little worried about how everything would pan out.


"Hey Babe," John said as he walked into the kitchen

"No, don't hey babe me!"

"What's wrong with you?"

"You tell me! It shouldn't be hard to figure out why I am so pissed!"


"I don't underst..."

"Oh save it John! I know what you have been up to!"


"Hey you guys," Joanna said peeking into the kitchen, "I hate to interrupt, but can you go outside or something? I am trying to finish my reports for work."

I was so mad at John that I didn't care about being told what to do in my own house. We went upstairs and outside to the balcony.

"John, I know you are working for the I.S.S. and I know you were planning on betraying my family."
"Oh, who cares Elena. You and your family are jerks and are getting what you deserve."

"why do you care about the things my family does?"

"Because your mom was a loser that had to much information about a guy in jail and we knew you would have the information too."

"so you were going to destroy us just to keep an innocent man in jail?"

"You bet and you morons will be in the ground with your idiot parents very soon!"

During our entire argument John kept poking me and shoving me and that last comment really got on my nerves and I just lost it. I high kicked John and he went flying over the railing followed by a thud on the ground.


I ran downstairs to figure out what my next move had to be and at the same time I noticed Joanna pulling out of the driveway and going down the street. At least she didn't hear what had just haapened. I quickly thought of a plan and put it into action.

Over the next few days joanna and the rest of the police force questioned people around town about the sudden disappearance of John. Joanna didn't think to question me because she saw John's car driving down the street and I was at home when she got back home only 20 minutes after she had first left.


After 2 weeks of non stop searching and question people the police found Johns car at the bottom of the ocean. When the autopsy came back in it was determined that he was driving home drunk and ran his car off the road and into the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment